About the Program
This year’s Spring program, scheduled for Friday, April 21, from 10:00-3:30. This program is sponsored by the Minnesota Coalition of County Law Libraries and the Minnesota State Law Library. Special thanks go to the Minnesota Association of Law Libraries for hosting our online registration process.
Please fill out the form to register for the Program. The registration deadline for this program is close of business (5:00 p.m.) on Wednesday April 19.
This year, the program will be held at:
Ramsey County Library, Shoreview
4560 North Victoria Street
Shoreview, MN 55123
Tip: Google Maps is slightly misleading. The Library is located at the intersection of Highway 96 and Victoria St. N. To get to the parking lot, go north on Victoria St for half a block, turn right, and the right again to get into the lot adjacent to the library.
This year our program includes:
* Review of http://www.mncourts.gov with special emphasis on help topics, forms, and a description of statewide self-help services
* MN State Law Library: This program will focus on finding probate and estate planning resources online, as well as using the State Law Library’s website to find resources and legal referrals.
* The basics of Landlord/Tenant Law – how do you evict someone, how do you prevent an eviction? What forms do you use? Where can you go for emergency help?
* Criminal Expungement – What you need to know to help your patrons with clearing up their criminal record.
* Forms for everyone! The courts, state agencies, private organizations – everyone has forms. How to help your patron find the forms they need.
The registration fee for the workshop is $15. Included in the registration fee are all handouts, access to any Visual Presentations used in the workshop and a tasty lunch from Taste of Scandinavia.
Bottled water will be provided. There is no pop machine on site so you will need to bring your own caffeinated beverage.
Please complete the registration form on the MALL Website so we can provide a fabulous learning experience for you. Registration closes on Wednesday, April 19 at 5:00 (close of business).
After you have completed the registration process, you will received a message to confirm your registration. If you have not received a message, please contact Pauline Afuso at firstname.lastname@example.org.